AWOL

I'm Back


Shadowfax and I took a break from blogging for a short while and from the commute, too although this is a permanent break while I re-align the career to something more vocational in the education sectors. Thanks to those concerned that we'd stumbled in the snow - we were fine, but everything got leary at work at the same time, is all.

That's not to say we've not been out and about or up to anything useful but life has been enjoyably slower with time to catch up on some DIY (squanderd on alternative distractions) and learning new softwares and brushing up on XHTML, CSS2, and JavaScript while introducing a look-see at iPhone applications, database solutions, and Flash applications (translate, I bought some books I might read).

The next handful of posts will act as a catch-up and then we'll get back into some regular swing although I don't see us riding 100-miles every day any more. There's bitter sweetness in that. Sure, the commute could be a bind but I enjoyed the challenge of riding into and through my first Winter and clocking up the experience so quickly was useful. But where there's less regular travel I now have two regular pillions; my Wife and my Son and each is extending their range and stamina toward an epic tour coming up some time soon.

There was talk of exchanging Shadowfax for a younger model but having had our caravan stolen and received scant insurance compared to its initial cost and continuing utility and excellent condition, we're opting to get another 'van. In the meantime I still have the Alpha, but with almost no miles being put on him since last June and cetainly none this year he really needs to go to a good home and make someone very happy at that.

Shadowfax's filtering ability makes him transport of choice for almost all local travel except those trips needing capacity for the whole family. We zip about town and trundle through the suburbs and sometime, when no one's looking, we spin off into the Hampshire countryside and knock up some kind of adventure.



We're certainly still here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape