Spanish Tour Part 1 - Outbound

36 hours on the ferry

Boarding from our local Rosslare International Ferryport, Sherbert was strapped down across their seat. It's a worry as the heated seat is known a little fragile even with the generous pillow the crew provided to cushion the strap.

waiting to ride onto the ferry

Stalkers

We'd noticed a couple on the bike behind us in the queue. They were noticable because the lass was wearing white jeans and I wondered where youu'd get motorcycle jeans and with such low-profile protection, too. I was too focussed on being ready to put the helmet and gloves back on ready to be loaded than on being social. The problem with motorcycle riders is that it's too easy to strike up a conversation. It may start with the bike or shared situation and can develop rapidly into a night's brawling.

We made our way toward the cabins on the upper deck and found our way blocked. Housekeeping wasn't ready, so we'd need to wait in the bar area. It was getting busy and we staked out a pair of chairs for us, and a pair for our gear.

I checked the phone for something to take my mind off floating and had a notification from the Pan Clan group in Whatsapp. I'd already posted that we were off on our trip and a fella I'd not met yet replied. "Pat have you just got on the boat to Spain now? If so i'm on the same boat. Is it a white wing you drive?" What are the odds?

So we hooked up with Michael for a drink or two. While the lasses chatted lass-stuff, we covered some bike stuff and shared our tour plans. It was the best start to a trip, for sure.

Michael and Pat smiling

Hunkering down

After hours, it now being near 2am (GMT), we made our way to our cabin and caught some shut eye. It was smooth sailing and I slept well until morning. Showered and changed into my one pair of "civvies", I joined Karen for breakfast. This set the pace for the trip really: cabin, prmominade, food; cabin, prmominade, food; cabin, prmominade, food. Gosh I get bored easy. Here's me playing House of Mirrors with the shaving mirror in the cabin.

Pat in a shaving mirror

Disembarkation

It was an age and yet, when were called to collect the bikes, it didn't feel very long at all. In any case, it was time to disembark at 9am local and get this tour on the road. Here's a reminder of the plan:

Let's see how that turns out, shall we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HeliBars Gen 2.0 handlebar risers for Goldwing 2018 plus

C'm'on