Hoop Jumping

Geting up and running - legislation, etc.

According to the Highway Code and the Government Online website, I knew as a full-licence holder for a car I can do a Direct Access Course and ride away on a 6,000,000cc bike. What I did not take account of was that:
    a. Rules are changing October 2008 to a new test structure
    b. I am a full-licence holder and can ride a moped without "L" plates
    c. That I needed a Compulsory Bike Training (CBT) certificate to make Dilbert's Insurance stick.

Insurance

I got a fair handful of quotes online for me to ride Dilbert; anything from £96 to £280 but settled for a Bennetts quote through NIG, which was twice as dear through Tesco, RAC, and others with half the excess. Bonus. Finally, an nsurance group that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Unfortunately, throughout the process I stumbled on a problem of my owning a 650cc bike but being unable to insure it for TPFT (mainly concerned about Theft) because I don't have a full bike (Cat A) licence. Bennets were different: I simply declared I was a provisional licence holder (sorted through the full car licence)and had not done CBT. So, when I had parted with my dosh, and the paperwork arrived, I was given just 1-month to submit a CBT Certificate - and the letter arrived a week after the insurance started.

I don't mean to whinge, but this is crap. I can't ride the bike even with the CBT without a qualified Instructor and radio gear. None of you biker freaks in my assosciation have that up your pipes, do you!

CBT

So, I drop into Paragon Motorcyle Training in Gosport on Saturday 10 May 2008 at about 4.45pm and catch Phil who says he can't do ouwt for my booking DAS but, and here's a star in my eyes, I could popp over on Sunday and do the CBT.

Bonus. I said yes. As soon as I got home I chased through the websites again and booked my Theory Test for a couple of weeks' time.

More on this lot later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond