Rolling (Vibrating) Stones

Chippings

I throttled back out of Droxford to rid myself of a brace of annoyingly slow Micras and noted a vibration at 90, which Honda Portsmouth told me wasn't there. Once home I inspected the rear wheel and found a 1cm sharp pebble embedded in the (new, damn it) rear BT021R. I'm guessing this affected the balancing; well it would, wouldn't it?

Soft Rubber

The thing is, this rear BT doesn't half seem soft compared to the favoured Pilot 2s. It's training up a bit like a racing tyre, too. To be fair I'm riding a little harder and more quickly than usual / before but these Tyres are meant for that style of ride. I do wonder if that's not a factor (being softer) in picking up stones, though.

I'm due a new front soon and need a match for the BT. I just hope these observations aren't indicators of faster wearing, or anything. All the hype on these BT020 replacements suggest they're Pilot2 beating but my feeling is far from that. I was happy with the Michellins and now I'm not sure I can trust their replacements.

Round black things (Records)

Oh, year. If I was to imagine the fastest I'd ridden on a bike and that I'd achieve that this last week it'd have been 110mph. I beat my previous cross-country record homeward run mid-week with a 1hr 11min; a full 6-min faster than the previous best and only 3-min, or so short of my Motorway record! It was a combination of dry corners, well placed traffic, and lucky lights. It'd have been quicker too but for those PESKY Micras!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond