On a Roll

New dog; old trick


I looked down at Shadowfax playing dead in the middle of Nikki's street making an arse of himself and a pillock of me.

"I said, 'heel!' Not sit, beg, or freaking roll-over!" All I needed was his tail to wag and I'd have kicked him where I guess his nuts to be. Nah, really I'd jumped clear and then put my arms out in a half-hearted, "I didn't do it" manner toward Nikki now negotiating her own U-turn up the street; muttering to myself rather than remonstrating so as to limit the amount of attention the spill would draw.

Ian T (fellow Pan Plodder) told me this would happen if I applied full-lock and when I applied full lock it did.

It was early morning damp and I rolled back from his parking place on Nikki's driveway but, instead of following the habit of the past days in rolling onto the road, I turned Shadowfax edge-on to the drive ready to ride off it on a right out the patch. Nikki rode Left, instead though, so I slipped the clutch and turned to not only 'c-turn' (half a u-turn) the drive, but also the road to get going in the right direction (making a full u-turn across the curb); only left. Full lock.

Luckily, Nikki's neighbour watched the episode only seconds after telling her he'd had an ST1300 and that he'd dropped his. Now he had a chance to tell me I was not alone and in good spirit he helped me lift the lazy Shadowfax back up off the deck. It wasn't as much of a struggle as I'd thought. His resting position being quite high on his protectors. Excellent protection, in fact: really impressive. It didn't protect my id much, though, and nor did it protect me from the ride that was to follow...but that's another story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape