Three Times Lucky

Portsmouth Motorcycles Service


I’ve now paid up a fair amount of hard earned green and purples for servicing on Shadowfax and always in the belief the smaller garages will be cheaper – or at least better value than the main dealer network. I’m delighted to report I may have been wrong.

Portsmouth Motorcycles conducted a full 12,000-mile service and rented me a bike for the day for just shy the £200 quoted. Sure, the evil bastard on morning shift who thought I’d have more fun on a rented CB600F than on a Deauville 700 is on my hit list of men whose testicles I’d most like to stamp on. Phut-Phut came to mind; naked, too low geared and totally uncomfortable and untrustworthy in traffic (although I did warm to the 600 a little more as the day wore on but there’s no way I could have done 100-miles commute on it). The unprotected visor also allowed the wind in and made me cry; most undignified!

Anyway, for a few quid more than Nige at Taylor’s Garage and Mike at Motorcycle Mechanic cost I’ve had the brakes serviced by guys used – and more importantly trained to play with the linked ABS system and I have confidence in the works carried out. I’m really quite surprised by the frugality of the dealership servicing episode and devastated our local alternatives have been proven less value than I had hoped to give then credit as being.

Sorry guys, but the hire bike and security of mind cannot be matched.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape