Winter Enlightenement

Seeing the Light


Cruising speed through the Meon Valley and I can’t help but develop a feeling of vast and fathomless euphoria.

Corehampton Brooks

The Sun’s shining down on a frosty vista and the cold wind is biting through my skin and warming my sole. It’s beautiful: the colours are more vivid than I recall ever seeing them along this stretch and I am oh, so comfortable at this speed with my visor part up sniffing in the freshness of the air.

I stopped and took a picky, or two. The iPhone camera couldn’t cope; not really, but I knew that. I was just drinking in the eqarly morning winter’s day in the countryside listening to the jackdaws and cows squabbling in the field opposite. Shadowfax and I were on a new level and I hadn’t even had a drink; an epiphany.

Shadowfax: his dismounted rider's epithany indicating Prozac is beaten off for (at least) another week

Superb.

If you don’t ride far or fear grabbing the bike out of the garage for fear some salt wise up, get out, and take a look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond