Volunteer Idiot

Motivation


Cleaning Shadowfax on Christmas Day our Yammy 600 rider said to my Son in response to Kn's suggestion it was too cold to ride (his) bike and we should all go by car, "I don't have a car - I have to use the bike".

And there's me all holier than thou art for volunteering to ride through the Winter; always reassured that if I need to I can take the car or, as threatened on a frosty January Monday this week to be picked up by a rescue mission mounted by Ka and the kids in the Lanny.

I see bikes on the road and rejoice that I'm not the only idiot choosing to ride on such potentially hazardous days yet they, like Ewan, may not enjoy the choice of transport that I do.

Some poor bastards have no choice but to ride in the bad weather

Primarily, I feel some guilt at my self-indulgent reporting of how brave I am and how resolute Shadowfax and I have been to keep riding together through all weathers while others just plain get on with it. I've never felt so fair-weather as I do during this reflection; so lucky to have had the choice to jack it all in on a whim.

Heads down. Resolute. We're in this for the long term. Mind you, do all these guys have to do 50-miles each way or is that me adding the "idiot" to "volunteer"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape