Easy Tiger!

Keeping it in the family




The lad on the bike is ours. He was trying out for the Tigers Motorcycle Display Team last week. It's not a done deal but he seems keen and I'm pretty sold on the idea of him having a go too.

The Tigers perform at events all over the local counties during the Summer and spend much of the rest of the year training. The kids we watched performing at the Southwick Police Training College open day the other week and again at the Tigers' selection presentation day all seem to thoroughly enjoy their time riding around in circles, doing cross overs, and by the look of it, jumping - anything; even nothing as long as it was high and it was far.



Mind you, it could be said I've lost some money on bikes already this year - this'll all but clean my 4-wheeled budget out! Getting a second-hand 65cc bike is near impossible in the usual on-line markets and a reasonable-looking new Honda 80cc is coming in around £1000 (ouch!) I must have money to burn or something...



...and I didn't mean that literally.

It takes me back to my mid-teens and a mucker, Andy P. He had a Honda XL-125 we would "scramble" down the 'lines and he'd take me to scramble meets in Brownhills, Cannock, and around about. He was quite good. When he wasn't racing we'd marshall from behind up-turned pallets and watch in awe as the juniors screamed around the courses shoulder to shoulder, arse over tit, and back to front. I always envied their getting into motor sport so early and the devil-may-care venom with which they attacked courses with gradients and jumps that could off the most experienced of the seniors.

I'd be quite happy to support the tyke if it gives him some 2-wheeled sense in a disciplined environment. I'd be happy to see some sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond