It just fell off

No licence


While slipping Shadowfax's wet and heavy cover off there was a moment of resistance. I tugged harder and the snag came free, accompanied by the plunk of the licence plate dropping to the floor.

The sticky pads are just not up to the job in this weather (each covered in fine grit and wet grime) so I'll have to work out where to drill the plate without spoiling the custom effect I paid for.

In the meantime, I re-drilled (or, carved) the rear fender's fixing holes and old plate to a wider diameter with a screw-driver blade and I helped the environment by recycling a couple of packaging bolts from Phut-Phut's crate (the Sanya 125 came as a kit, you may recall?)

It looks crass but it'll not be falling off too easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond