Two Low for Zero!

Minus Two Degrees


We've a new record low temperature; -2 degrees!

It was chilly and the back and front of the bike took it in turns to scare me witless and threatened to make me seriously re-think this Winter riding lark; but only in the car park and first roundabout. Once we blew past 50mph things evened out and I could relax a little more but at 51mph things felt pretty hairy again. It wasn't only frozen bits that were slippery, either. The salt-grit made for some fun at low-speeds, too.

On the bright side, although at times I was uncomfortably cold my hands survived in their original Richo skins with the help of the heated grips. However, I'm going to have to do something about misting up inside the visor and the instant misting of my glasses when we first put the helmet on before we're moving and the air clears them pretty quickly - even if not quickly enough to know exactly where the f&%k we're heading from the parked position. I call that our, "leap of faith" bit.

Matt said the other week that with all this Winter experience I'd be pretty slick by next Summer. I hope so; I hope I have a next Summer.

So, suck in the gut(s) and stick with it. Luckily this is Deep South. It's been pretty grim up North.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape