Announcement

Announcement


I feel a right bastard now.

I have to announce, I'm retiring Dilbert tomorrow. I bought the Pan ST1300 this morning and pick him up in the morning - in white (NOT an ex-Police bike). Dilbert will need to be sold.

What this does for the Blog's title, I don't know, but I know for sure I feel very disloyal to my buddy Dilbert and I'm not entirely sure I've made the best decision to ditch him. What I do know is that, on balance, Dilbert just can't give me what I want over 110-miles a day but he will make someone else an excellent partner for mid-range commuting and occasional long-range touring. I hope they look after him as well as I feel I have and as he deserves.

I'm feeling this quite emotionally. I feel like Frodo misleading Golem into the clutches of Farramir. It's like loosing a great dog. I'll miss the little tyke. So might the neighbours' cats.

Comments

Pat Godfrey said…
Ka claims I'm a bastard, too. I didn't really discuss the new bike before I raided the last of the residual in the bank in a fit of eagerness not to loose what seems a good deal.

Oops.

It's agood job she loves me else I'd have my nuts in a sling for a month.

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape