Gone Phut

Phut Phut - SOLD!


The ebay purchaser is quite local and has not done the CBT yet so I agreed we'd deliver.

I started Phut-Phut up on the driveway and added some choke to get him warmed up: family boarding the Rover ready to follow me to Havant. We dribbled to the road and I couldn't believe just how tiny the poor mite is.



Up to our junction and I indicated right; "BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...", and turned them off again as Ka was following and knew where I was going and people started to stare.

Onto Portsdown Hill with memories of our last trip over there on the way to the dealer's to get the new carb. The Sun was setting some 9-million miles behind Fareham and the air was balmy. Phut-Phut fizzed along the 40-mph road without a murmur and quickly we got used to one another again. I couldn't believe how little power he has.

On down the Hill toward Havant and down again to our North turn; through the gears with his little farty burbles bubbling joyously away beneath me. I couldn't believe how little braking he has.

On to his new home and a family buying the bike on behalf their Son about to take his CBT. They were very enthusiastic at his condition and highly poilished state - I'll bet! They've got a real bargain there!

As we turned away from handing everything over I couldn't believe just how cute and smart he looked. There's my first adult bike; I nurtured him from his crated womb; nursed him through his drizzly sickness, and we learned the A32 together and watched out for one another through the storms, the good times, and the enormity of the daily commute.

As we drove away I'll swear I felt emotion. I couldn't believe how much I fear I'm going to miss the little tyke even though I know in my soul that I would never voluntarily ride him to freaking work again now I've got my new best mate, Dilbert!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape