Time like Tar

Verdict


Monday was really difficult. Firstly, I was back in the Alpha and the stagnation of car-in-traffic. Secondly, I was worried about what might tip up on Dilbert.

I drove up via Taylor's Garage and saw nothing. I drove home by M3 as I'd red-lined a little too often in the morning and needed to be more casual in the hot late afternoon heat. What a great choice - 30-minutes stuck for an accident at the M3 / M27 Junction.

Tuesday morning. Up the A32 and a quick pull-in to see if I could catch Dilbert naked. No such luck. Job done.

Nigel gave me the run-down; the engine's sweet, the bike has been looked after in his opinion (it had a pretty new air filter), the front tyre has a couple or three thousand miles to it, the disks aren't bad for the milage, the back brake needed a good clean and bleed but isn't that light to operate - get used to it, the carbs balanced up, the plugs were okay but re-gapped, the valves were sorted, and he should rattle a little less for some new nuts and bolts.

Total; £244.20 for 6-hours work and £38 of bits and lubes. Having not thought to load my bike gear in the car, "just in case", as Ka had warned I couldn't ride him away so needed to return that evening with Mrs G.

I'm quite relieved. When we picked it up later that night I sat astride "my bike" for the first time; not the "big bike", or "the Honda" in addition to the Sanya. This time, after a short absence, it felt right.

I was looking forward to the following morning's commute (having the wife driving behind you doesn't half cramp your style - even if she does happen to be a fellow speed freak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond