21 May 2010: Cowls arrived

Eager to fit


The pair of replacement mirror cowls arrived today – Karen was woken from night duty slumber to the thumping of the postie, Bless.

They're not as good a nick as I'd have liked ideally, but both are much better than Shadowfax's original ones in that I don't need to worry about spraying.

I couldn't wait to fit them and instantly dug the existing cowls off and slung the 'new' ones on having swapped over the amber lenses, and fitted retainer straps to them. Hmm. Neither of them seemed to house properly. Still, they're on – but now the contrast between Shadowfax's new beard of flies caught from multiples of 'bug storms' against the cleaned (by me 5-minutes ago) cowls just fitted.



Still, they need to come off for the service tomorrow, I rationalised, so can sort their fitting out properly then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

EZ-bags and Red tape