Shiny New BMW

New LId


The quest for a Shuberth just evaporated. We planned to get to Helmet City in West Bay, Bridport but I guessed I should at least cover all my bases and check out the Bahnstormer BMW outlet up by Alton, first.

The kids behaved long enough for a patient bloke to talk me through the various features of the BMW Motorrad System 6 helmet. It pinched my temples a touch but has all the features of the Shuberth C3 without the pain in the cheeks...and a few quid less, t'boot.





I looked longingly at the fluorescent yellow one on display and idly said, “I like that”.

“I have one in your size”, the chappy retorted. So we had a look. Nice.

Next we skipped out back into the car and headed to Alton to turn around – mainly for some time to think. The BMW sure looked neat, and 'should' wear in on the temples (already improved on second fitting) and it has the internal sun visor. But, I see no real need for a flip-front and could get a cheaper and as quiet helmet full-face – lighter – and a tad cheaper still. Nmm. Dilema. I did what I always do now in these situations and asked the kids.

“Buy it!”

My Son reasoned it was bright for visibility; that I could open it at lights if I was warm; and it looked like I had grown a head suitable for an appearance on Dr Who. “Cool.” Is aid. “But you had me at the visibility”.

Back we went and picked it up. Next: the tricky bit. Telling the Wife...



So, now it's in pride of place on my helmet wrack but there is a price to pay with this purchase...



Oh, well. Nothing's perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond