Choked With Success

Modifying the New PZ26 Choke


Having fitted the new carb I noted the choke lever on the old carb gave a smotth up and down motion according to the choke cable but the new one had a 3-stop click to it, which the cable could not fight to return the choke to an "off" position.

Bravely, your budding mechanic sat at Phut-Phut's side with a combination of the old and new carbs and worked out where the old carb's spring (which had sprung off in an ill-fated escape attempt on removing the old carb) would fit to give the required operation back to the cable.

Clever me. I dry-fitted various ideas until one worked and it works flawlessly. Job done. The new carb is fitted, it works well and has alleviated the irregular running problem, and the choke works t'boot. Chuffed. And now I'm not likely to ride it much more before I sell it. :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond