Over 60s Class

58.9 - and a bit - and another bit - and...


It took a while (in bottle) creeping through the 50's and pushing the revs envelope through 6500rpm (50-55mph)to 7100rpm. 60mph. 'Nuff said.

(Mind you, cruising is 55mph because it still feels friendly)



Bob and Nigel certainly gave me some confidence in the Sanya, Phut-Phut, and I think that's allowed me to ride without continually worrying whether I used the right hammer to put the wheels on straight.

The other thing is just how dangerous 40mph on the A31 must have been. Now I can almost keep up with the average flow of traffic. I also feel better about filtering; having a little more engine speed to nip back in betwen the lines of just accelerating cars.

This Sanya is sweet - still a little small / light for 100 miles-a-day, but sweet. The sore hands, back and knees I'll put down to age which is back at the original running in figures, but also creeping inexorably to 50 and 60...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond