On to the supplier

LS Imports


LS Imports have had some bad review in the forums and blogs but it's not so much from their actions as their attitude. They don't have a customer service department and the frontman has missed out on charm school, but I don't judge on hear-say so I'll give them a go with an open mind.

Coutesy LS Imports

I called regarding the uneven running this morning. I was given two action plan options in sequence; first drain the carb to be sure there isn't a simple blockage, and second, email for a new CPU (I think that should be CDI unit, but I can get confused - either way, it's the control unit for the ignition system).

Draining the carb was easy; there's a drain screw at the unit's base and a pipe drawing from it into space. I placed tin foil around the engine (as I'd just taken an hour cleaning and re-Muck-off-ing this week's miles and weather off the bike) and placed the open end of the pie in a plastic bag and turned the screw. As warned, I only undid the screw a turn to avoid it dropping out, although the tin foil would have let me find it easily again - for a change.

I did this 3-times with a short test ride between each operation but, sadly, the engine was still of an idle mood. Back on the phone to the guy at LS Imports and an agreement to email for the part. I did offer to collect, being local to the company's base in Havant, but the fella was not at work but only answering the phone. Here lies part of their customer service problem?

Pic courtesy lincoldod - see link below

Having had a Saturday afternoon snooze while the family went out for a potter I cam across the blog of a fella in Lincoln (LINK)with a few ignition problems of his own that related to his side-stand switch and also shows pictures of how these imported bikes arrive in a crate (above). I've come across a few of these side-stand comments for wet starting problems.

Perhaps, and here's just a thought, the movement of the side-stand could initiate a rapid on-off of the ignition? It's worth a play while I'm waiting for the CDI unit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking up Sherbert

28 February - Jammed Screen Blues

To Offenburg from beyond